Elite Daily reports an electrical short sparked a fire at a home in Papaaloai, Hawaii.
Reuben Prensky ran to the kitchen to get some water to put out the fire.
Instead the Pacific Islander grabbed the first thing he saw, a pot of miso soup.
Prensky dumped the soup on the flames and that was enough to slow the fire’s progress until fire fighters arrived.
His mother Joy Gardner was asleep upstairs when all this happened.
“Everybody agrees, if that fire had gone on for about 30 more seconds, it would have burned the whole house down, said Gardner.