Buzz Feed recently came out with a list of things Hapas know to be true.
Not being half-Asian myself, I didn’t know what quite to think of the list, so I ignored it.
Then I saw a group of Hapas comment on the list on Facebook, and the comments were pretty all positive.
So perhaps the list resonates with half-Asians.
Here’s some of what’s on it:
- People love to ask “what’s your mix?”
- People think you’re adopted or your parents aren’t really your parents.
- People assume your Asian parent is your nanny
- You’re a novelty wherever you go
- You’re two sets of grandparents have nothing to say to each other
Check out the entire list on Buzz Feed and let us know what you think.