A private investigator is scheduled to arrive in the San Diego area today to join the search for Maya Millette.
The family of the missing mother of three reported her missing January 7 and she hasn’t been seen since.
Bill Garcia told CBS 8 he will begin interviewing witnesses.
“There is a high probability that May had been taken. And, we don’t know at this point whether she was taken by someone close to her or by a stranger. So, we have to figure that part of it out,” said Garcia
At this point, he is not asking for volunteers to join in the search. He says if by chance she is dead, he doesn’t want the crime scene trampled on by the search party. Instead Garcia and his team will search for the 39 year old alone.
10 News reports that new billboards with Millette’s photo began going up earlier this week. News of her disappearance has traveled worldwide. The family says its received messages of support from as far away as Africa and Australia.
Search parties made up of citizen patrols plan to go out on two separate searches on Sunday, reported CBS8.
“We’re just trying to cover as much ground as possible and really search for any clues or evidence or anything that might help us be able to bring her home and find some answers and seek justice,” said Ashley Rawlins, a local attorney.
AsAmNews has Asian America in its heart. We’re an all-volunteer effort of dedicated staff and interns. Check out our new Instagram account. Go to our Twitter feed and Facebook page for more content. Please consider interning, joining our staff, or making a financial contribution to support us.