The brand action campaign Unapologetically Asian has just released The Broadway Asian Man Calendar, a calendar that celebrates “hot Asian men on Broadway.”
The calendar was created in collaboration with Mari Uchida, who is also an actor herself.
Asian men in America are often viewed as less attractive. The goal of the calendar is to dispel negative stereotypes that Asian men face.
“You are valid,” Uchida said in a press release. “Your photos should reflect that. I wanted to provide a space for people to celebrate the beauty and talent of Asian men, and this calendar shows that Asian men are valid and beautiful. After the challenges we’ve faced from 2020 and even now, I can’t think of a better way to usher in the new year.”
The calendar features photos of:
- Adam Hyndman (Broadway’s Hadestown)
- Adam Jacobs (Broadway’s Aladdin)
- Al Guerzon (Mama Mia!, Ghost)
- Alan Ariano (Broadway’s Miss Saigon)
- Austin Ku (Soft Power, Tour)
- Darren Lee (Broadway’s Allegiance)
- Devin Ilaw (Miss Saigon Revival)
- Karl Josef Co (The Unsinkable Molly Brown)
- Kevin Schuering (The King and I)
- Zachary Noah Piser (Broadway’s Dear Evan Hansen)
Proceeds from the calendar will go towards Unapologetically Asian’s community programming and towards supporting STOP AAPI Hate, an organization that has been addressing anti-Asian hate during the pandemic.
The calendar can be purchased here.
AsAmNews has Asian America in its heart. We’re an all-volunteer effort of dedicated staff and interns. Check out our new Instagram account. Go to our Twitter feed and Facebook page for more content. Please consider interning, joining our staff, or submitting a story, or making a contribution.