The Center for American Progress has released a new fact sheet on Asian American women that it hopes will help guide policy makers to “unleash the potential growth” of this increasingly important demographic.
- More than one in five Asian American women between ages 15 and 44 lack health insurance.
- Asian American women are twice as likely to die of pregnancy related causes
- Asian American and white women earned an equal amount of engineering degrees as men in 2010
- There are 620,000 Asian American women-owned businesses in the United States with estimated total receipts of $105 billion.
- Asian American women earned just 73 percent of wages compared to men, according to the American Association of University Women.
- The share of Asian American women earning at or below the minimum wage doubled between 2007 and 2012.
- Asian American women are underrepresented in positions of power in government.
Those are just some of the highlights. You can read more interesting facts about Asian American women in the Center for American Progress.