HomeAsian AmericansSlain Hmong family's loved ones hope billboard attracts new informants

Slain Hmong family’s loved ones hope billboard attracts new informants

After a Hmong couple and their daughter were fatally shot in May 2018, loved ones are now hopeful that a billboard and monetary reward will bring in new information to help find the killer, reports FOX40.

Joe Lor, Gina Xiong, and their daughter Kayleen Lor were inside celebrating Mother’s Day last year when someone opened fire into the California home, striking and killing them, reported NextShark.

“Part of our life that has already been taken from us and the family itself feels like there’s an empty void that needs to be filled, which we can never fill,” said Cheng Lor, Joe Lor’s brother.

There are no new leads and no new developments, according to FOX40.

Anti-crime groups Stockton Crime Stoppers and Citizens Against Homicide (CAH) helped the family with the billboards, which are expected to go up in late November.

CAH and the Lors are aiming to spread awareness among the public.

“Billboards are important to us because a lot of crime and murders have been solved by somebody picking up the telephone and calling in a tip,” said Gene Cervantes, a CAH victim advocate.

Cheng Lor said the family holds onto reminders, such as his brother’s car, to keep them hopeful.

“Although it hurts me that I know that my brother is no longer here, it’s a momentum for me to keep on fighting for him,” he said.

AsAmNews has Asian America in its heart. We’re an all-volunteer effort of dedicated staff and interns. Check out our new Instagram account. Go to our  Twitter feed and Facebook page for more content. Please consider interning, joining our staff or submitting a story.

1 COMMENT

  1. RE: Slain Hmong Family’s loved ones hope billboard attracts new informants: Curious that the police haven’t found any suspects in this slaughter of an entire family inside their home. That should be concerning fo anyone. Interestingly, this is not the first mass shooting against Asians in Stockton. On Tuesday morning January 17, 1989, an anonymous person phoned the Stockton Police Department regarding a death threat against Cleveland Elementary School in Stockton, California. At noon that day, Patrick Purdy, a disturbed drifter and former Stockton resident, began his attack by setting his fireworks-laden Chevrolet station wagon on fire with a Molotov cocktail after parking it behind the school, later causing the vehicle to explode. Purdy went to the school playground, where he began firing with a semi-automatic rifle from behind a portable building. Purdy fired 106 rounds in three minutes, killing five children and wounding thirty others, including one teacher. All of those who died and many of the wounded were Cambodian and Vietnamese immigrants, who had come with families to the U.S. as refugees. Purdy was said by Police to have been a misanthrope, directing hatred toward Asian immigrants, believing that they took jobs from “native-born” Americans

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Latest

Worth the Time

Must Read

Regular Features

Latest

BadAssAsians

A Twitter list by @AsAmNews

%d bloggers like this: