By Dave Liu, AsAmNews Staff Writer
Juggling work and personal life is a skill that many people develop over time. Whether you’re the type of person who manages to balance everything perfectly or the type of person who constantly struggles, here are a few tips to help you balance work and personal life better.
- Plan time for work and personal life. Make it easier on yourself by creating a schedule and sticking to it. Reserve time on your calendar for alone time, rest and recreation, and other personal time. This will help you plan time for work, personal life, and other important tasks. Additionally, try not to put too many demands on yourself and allow for rest days when needed. Social events can also be a great way to balance work and personal life. Make time for things that you enjoy, and you’ll be on your way to a healthy life balance.
- Set boundaries at work. Setting boundaries at work is key to keeping your focus on your personal life. Make sure you have key hours set during the day where you will be unavailable for work, and stick to them rigidly.
- Work from home on occasion. Working from home occasionally can be a great way to balance things out. Make sure to set boundaries and don’t over-work yourself. Also, work on one task at a time and take breaks to recharge. When it comes to eating and drinking, make sure to be healthy. And last but not least, remember to balance a social life with work life!
- Find a work-life balance partner. If you decide to have a family, it’s important to find a work-life balance partner who understands your needs. This way, you can work productively without feeling guilty.
- Make time for friends, family and activities outside of work. This will help you to relax and balance work and personal life in a healthy way. Finally, remember to take time for yourself every day to recharge your batteries and focus on being productive again.
Successful balance-seekers are persistent and understand the importance of balance in their lives. So, don’t be discouraged – it takes time and effort, but it’s definitely possible to find and maintain a life with work!
About the Author
Dave is a seasoned executive and entrepreneur who founded several companies in entertainment, investments, and technology, and worked on Wall Street for almost 25 years.
He rose from an entry-level position of Analyst at the investment bank Jefferies to Group Head of Internet and Digital Media and was one of the youngest Managing Directors in firm history. As one of the only managing directors of color in the firm, he successfully broke through the Bamboo Ceiling. He not only worked hard but also played the corporate game.
Dave also serves on the board of directors of Asian American Media Inc, the parent company of AsAmNews. He is also one of our largest donors.
If you want some great career tips and insights check out Dave’s book, The Way of the Wall Street Warrior, at TheWallStreetWarrior.com.
AsAmNews is incorporated in the state of California as Asian American Media, Inc, a non-profit with 501c3 status. Check out our new TikTok account. Find additional content on Instagram , Twitter and Facebook. Please consider interning, joining our staff, or submitting a story, or making a tax-deductible donation. We are committed to the highest ethical standards in journalism. Please report any typos or errors to info at AsAmNews dot com.